View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #2025
Little Robin

Name of Commissioner; fm-anime
Website/C.com gallery; www.fm-anime.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.); Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji { Musical, The Most Beautiful Death in the World } I ordered everything but the shoes, stockings, the ring and the mask. The gloves in the picture are mine, though they sent me a pair {really didn't like those. xD}
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item; http://druellablackrosier.deviantart.com/#/d3eqp3z
Timeline (how long your order took to process); We started talking about it around late November, ordered sometime during December? They started making it ... middle/late January. I don't think they usually take this long, but we previously discussed it. x]
It arrived April 22 {they said it would finish in March, but I guess I had to count Chinese New Year and the huge amount of changes I kept making in the middle. XD} But to make up for the delay, she wanted to have it shipped overnight, but I wouldn't let her do it. xD
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. The process overall, this being my first cosplay order, was pretty pleasant. Venus, who I was talking to, was really nice and helped me a lot through the process. Even after I made some major changes halfway through, they still managed to have it done. The replies were prompt, most of the time. Towards the end, the replies got less and less, and really started to freak me out a little, but she replied like... 2 weeks later, saying that she was on a trip to China and internet isn't very good there.
The costume itself was really amazing. They followed most of my instructions to the letter. The colours matched exactly to the ones I sent them. I really wasn't expecting that. They also managed to find rose buttons that I requested and added all the lace.
The cons about the costume were the epaulettes and the hat. The epaulettes were supposed to be blue in the centre, but it came out silver. It's okay, since the references for this outfit were mostly pretty hard to figure out. But the button on the left epaulette {I think I might be spelling it wrong... } where the rope thingie goes popped off while I was trying to fix the rope. The sewing was not bad, but you can see little sewing bits on the inside of the coat.
The hat... well, it's not every easy to find a company that can make mini hats. I love the butterfly pins they used, but the hat itself looked odd. It's like, half of what I wanted, but the other half sticks up in this really wierd triangle. It also doesn't really stay in place on my head. I asked them to put either a clip or a comb under the hat, but there was none. I can easily fix that though. x]
Measurements;
It might be me, but the pants&bustle they sent were HUGE. Really, really, big. I had to safety pin them. The shirt was a little short, but otherwise, it's okay.
The wig is very soft and very like human hair. The curly pigtails tangles really easily though. I'm still trying to straighten the pigtails. The base wig doesn't really fit on my head, but that might just be me. The colour also matches the picture very well.
The price was also fair. The fabric I had them use was English Wool {instead of gold velvet, which she really thought would turn out beautiful. I probably should've listened, but eh. I look horrible in velvet. xD} and some sort of sateen/satin for the black parts.
The wig was... $47, I think and the costume was $105/110. The shipping was... $75, or something, for both, but there was some monthly promotion, so in the end, the whole thing+shipping was $198.
Final Grade; B++++ {Would be an A- if not for the tangly wig, that one button that popped off and the huge pants&bustle}
Little Robin is offline   Reply With Quote