View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #2031
cinnabubbles
Sugar and Rainbows

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMagic
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplaymagic.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Oerba Dia Vanille (FF13) Full Costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaxi13oedi.html

Worn 001 - June 2012

Worn 002 - June 2013

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

Ordered: April 17th
Shipped: April 25th
Received: April 26th

Describe your Experience

Pros: Fast shipping, no issues with that

Cons: The site says 'usually ships next business day', be wary of this as you can see by my timeline. If you're in a pinch, I wouldn't expect to looking for your package the next day you ordered from. I'm sure they have to pick from their warehouse and then pack it up and send, however it is a bit of a false hope statement there. Nothing negative at all, just stating an opinion.

HOLY TYING THINGS BATMAN. The skirt, beading for the skirt, faux fur 'butt cape', bag, belt, pink sash, and even the leather part that goes over the faux fur are all separate pieces as seen here and I had to take at least 10-15 minutes tying everything on... I'm going to ask my friend's mom if it is possible to sew the pleather piece to the faux fur so that's at least one piece....

The necklace is attached to the top, and the back beading then snaps on from the back. This would make getting dressed at the con very frustrating if you do not have help. I am disabled, so i can't get my arms back far enough to secure the back beading to the necklace.

Side Comments: I ordered a Small, thinking I could get away with it from the measurement chart. Unfortunately even with my knowledge of my measurements to the best of my ability (I'm not sewing savvy so I don't know the first thing about it, I'll tell you, so I was trying to go by my normal ol' clothes...) It ended up being way too big. I almost went for the Medium too, imagine that if I did! -laughs- Anyway, it is not CM's fault at all but mine. Also, my friend's mom knows how to alter so all hope is not lost!

I will update this thread with possession photos once the alterations are done, if I put it on and took photos now, I'd be falling out all over the place.

Final Grade: B-

Last edited by cinnabubbles : 04-14-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: -finally- adding photos
cinnabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote