View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Costume-Con in Toronto 2014!

Breaking news from Costume-Con 29 in NJ:

It's official! The votes were counted, and it was announced last night that Toronto has won the bid to host Costume-Con 32 in 2014. I know it's three years away, but we want this to be the biggest and best Costume-Con in years!

Our cosplay community here in Canada is AMAZING (I'm always astounded by the stuff I see when judging) so I know we can really knock everybody's socks off. So start making your plans!

Here's a primer for what goes on at a Costume-Con:

- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Masquerade (the type of masquerade we're all used to)
- Historical Masquerade (can be serious recreations, or funny interpretations; last night there were no fewer than three separate "Baby Got Bustle" jokes with 1800s dresses)
- Future Fashion Folio/Show, where anybody can send in original designs, and those attending the con can make any design they wish and display them in a fashion show
- Single Pattern Contest, where 2-3 commercially available patterns are chosen and you use the pattern as a starting point to make anything you wish
- Doll contest both for doll costumes and handmade dolls
- dozens of panels and workshops on costuming
- dealer's room with costume supplies, patterns, accessories, beads etc.
- A Friday night themed party
- off-site tours and activities before and after the con
- meeting new friends who are just as crazy about costumes as you are!

We'll be working on getting a website up and running when we get home (I'm still at the hotel!) but spread the word! We had a fantastic reception at our Canadian-themed party last night and everyone here is really looking forward to come visit us in Toronto! I'm so excited!

Edit: The CC32 website is now up! http://costumecon32.com

NEW GROUP DISCOUNT: Buy three, get one free! All four memberships must be submitted and paid for at the same time to be eligible; you can send in the forms by mail, or Paypal in one lump sum with everybody's information attached. Get your friends organized and start planning for awesome CC32 fun!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories

Last edited by Sarcasm-hime : 02-07-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote