Unread 05-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #493
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Does jerk chicken mock enchilada? *rimshot*

If it's Friday, it must be pizza night!
SNORT.

Tuesday is pizza day. Tonight we're having takeout burritos and enchiladas. YAY SENSIBLE CHOICES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
I love, love, LOVE Mexican food!
I'm actually not a HUGE fan of Asian foods, though I do love Vietnamese. My choices are very limited though, because I only eat poultry and fish, not including shellfish. Asian foods tend to use a lot of pork and seafood When I have sushi, I pretty much stick to the cucumber roll. lol
Besides Mexican, I really love Italian food. Mmmmmmm pasta! I'm a pasta FIEND. Also, Cajun. I could eat blackened Cajun chicken until my stomach explodes!

And pizza of course. I eat way too much pizza.
TOO MUCH DELICIOUS FOODS. Being so picky, there's a lot I won't eat, but as far as different cuisines go, I find the flavors all interesting and exciting. I have a pretty high spice tolerance, so spicy cuisines are cool with me. I like trying new flavors from around the world, but I also like to be able to identify the contents. I confess that I'm also not as big into Asian cuisines as I might be; it just seems like I rarely find myself in the mood. Probably because they tend to be, you know, healthy. Oh, my greasy, fatty, sugary, deep-fried American palate.

Some of my extended family is Romanian, and at Easter someone brought "a traditional Romanian Easter dish", which seemed to be some kind of meat loaf or pate. Wanting to be polite, I tried a little slice. It wasn't... bad, I guess, but anytime someone asked what was in it the response was "Just try it. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it." I tried really, really hard not to think about what it might have been and finished my slice. While I don't like a lot of vegetables, if I'm eating an unidentified vegetable I don't really care because it's just plants. If I'm eating a meat product, I prefer to know EXACTLY what animal(s) it comes from, EXACTLY what part of the animal is used, and EXACTLY how it's prepared. Really, I should just suck it up and become a vegetarian.

ETA: Out of morbid curiosity, I Googled "traditional Romanian Easter foods", and I think what I ate was drob de miel-- the closest common equivalent would be haggis. Yep. Lamb organs (liver, heart, lungs) minced with seasoning, stuffed in a lamb caul, and baked. Now I'm glad they didn't say what was in it, because I think Grandma Sylvia would've been really insulted when I threw up all over the living room.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 05-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote