View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #561
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimatedPoison View Post
Mexican food is part of Mexican culture. That's where people take offense. You wouldn't say for example, 'I don't think she's ugly, I just hate her face.'
Because those two things are totally comparable. :eyeroll:

Quote:
It's not about Mexican food, just some common ingredients that you don't like. These are common ingredients prevalent in dishes from all cultures, and people who live in the U.S. are fortunate to have a wide variety of food options-- it's not like there's nothing but Mexican cuisine everywhere you turn.

It's not so much what you're saying but how you're saying it that's offending other people. When in doubt, turn down dinner or lunch or what have you, and let other people enjoy the things that you don't.
How many times do I have to bring up my family on this matter? The constantly take me to Mexican restaurants and won't let up about the fact I don't want to order any food. Anytime I skip a meal my mom worries I'm anorexic. I never said other people can't enjoy the food, they can I just hate it being forced on me which it often is.

But here you're saying I'm doing something that actually the offended people are doing "not letting people enjoy the things you don't." I said several times I have no problem with other eating Mexican food, I just don't want any part of it. But here I get a bunch of people flaming me simply because I hate some food items.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote