View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #2077
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Oh man, I meant to do this a while ago! Let's see if I can remember the details...

Name of Commissioner: ArcaneStatic
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/143498/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Ivan - Golden Sun (partial commission of just the top-most layer--the green shirt + cape and the yellow bit)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
I'm still waiting on pictures from my photographer, but I have one picture I took myself.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2898168/
Better pictures to come soon!
Timeline: I think I contacted him around mid-January. He was busy at the moment--traveling, I think--and let me know that he got my message and would give me a quote as soon as he got home. A few days later, he gave me a quote and sounded very enthusiastic about making the costume. It was a reasonable price and judging by the things he had made before, I thought it was worth it. By the following week he already got the fabric. Within the next couple of weeks, he made the costume and gave me pictures throughout the process. When I was concerned about something, I didn't hesitate to ask him about it, and when he had a couple options of doing something, he explained them to me and let me pick which one I'd prefer. I felt included in the whole process. I think I had the costume in my hands by mid-late February.
Describe your Experience:
Pros: It's all absolutely fantastic! I got progress pictures, we were able to communicate easily through PMs, he answered my questions, the craftsmanship was fantastic, and he was very professional and friendly throughout the whole process. He also gave me a surprise discount because he loves Golden Sun.

Cons: I actually don't have any cons over this commission.

Comments: I highly recommend ArcaneStatic. He has a lot of experience in making costumes and other clothes. And he's fun to talk to!

Final Grade: A+

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote