View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #89
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBanshee View Post
Hey all, I am new so be nice XD

Anyway, I am working on the blueprints for a latex Subject Delta helmet and drill and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I have worked with massive mask before but Delta takes the cake when in comes to the inside.

Does anyone have any advice I should be drawing into the plans before I cast it in clay? I know from experience latex mask = Humidity storm around your head, so does anyone have an idea on how to vent the head?
Welcome CB! I know what you mean about trying to vent a Delta mask. I added 3 computer fans to mine. The batteries to power them will be in the tanks on my back. I have one over each shoulder blowing air in onto my neck. There is a very small gap in the outside of the mask that serves at intake vents. I used the camera on top of the mask to mount the third as an exhaust fan since heat rises. I may actually be adding at least one more in the back with no outside venting, just to keep air moving. Still I am planning on losing a couple of pounds to sweating when I wear it. I have some pictures and build details on my Delta costume on my blog. Feel free to check it out if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxLunacy View Post
If I could cosplay as a little sister i'd be the happiest thing on this planet. =o I wasted 190 dollars on a commission that was, to understate the fact, less than accurate. Was aiming for something close to Eleanor Lamb.. got mutant Alice in Wonderland with shoulder pads. >< When i've raised the funds I'd love to try again. And if anyone just looked at me blankly when I explained who I was, i'd thwack them over the head with my Mr. B doll.
Sorry to hear about the commission troubles. Some people just don't have a real clue. Hopefully you can make it work and if not, yeah, just reinforce your Mr. B and start wacking people. Either that or try and get the syringe prop built and that should at least frighten people enough to keep quiet.

Visit my blog for costume build progress and pictures - The Real Redneck Geek
tn_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote