View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #90
CrystalBanshee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_scotsman View Post
Welcome CB! I know what you mean about trying to vent a Delta mask. I added 3 computer fans to mine. The batteries to power them will be in the tanks on my back. I have one over each shoulder blowing air in onto my neck. There is a very small gap in the outside of the mask that serves at intake vents. I used the camera on top of the mask to mount the third as an exhaust fan since heat rises. I may actually be adding at least one more in the back with no outside venting, just to keep air moving. Still I am planning on losing a couple of pounds to sweating when I wear it. I have some pictures and build details on my Delta costume on my blog. Feel free to check it out if you want.
I saw your work, it is amazing and it has given me so much inspiration for my Delta outfit. Since the helmet will be latex I don't want to wire it too much just in case. Hmmm, I have a thought, Delta's three lights, the two below his porthole and the one above it, what if instead of rigging them with lights I use two way fabric...I forget what it is call, but you use them to keep a little air flow.

You know I think your idea of a fan in the top light will be awesome! That will be the humidity pushed down and out the mask and give me air. Sweet thank you tn_scotsman.

xxLunacy

If I may, can I see what this Alice Outfit looks like? Maybe I can give some advice.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote