View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #2083
Kiro

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay

Character: Hibari Kyoya (Jacket, Shirt, Pants, Tie, Arm Band)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: TBA

Timeline: Ordered morning of 5/17, shipped on 5/28, arrived on 5/31 (delayed by Memorial Day)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Materials felt sturdy but cheap. Everything was single-stitched. The buttons on the jacket sleeves are decorative, but the three outer pockets are functional; otherwise, it was definitely a bit tight around the shoulder and arm area. Don't have much confidence in any of the jacket buttons staying attached. Shirt was a bit short. The pants, which had a zipper and clip and shallow front pockets, were way too small around the butt (couldn't sit down without ripping the crotch seam) and too long (the length of which was specified when ordering). Arm band is way too tight to fit around my arm, with or without clothing in between. Tie is properly sized.

Edit: At the convention, the jacket buttons fell off immediately with very little effort. Shirt and pants are useless for me.

Final Grade: C

-----

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay

Character: Timber (Vest, Shirt, Pants, Bow-tie, Sleeve Holder)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: TBA

Timeline: Ordered morning of 5/17, shipped on 5/28, arrived on 5/31 (delayed by Memorial Day)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Much nicer/softer materials than above and just as sturdy. Again, everything is single-stitched. Shirt fits perfectly. Pants has an elastic waist band in the back, is a bit loose, and is buttoned closed. Vest is too short and I don't have much confidence in the buttons staying attached; color is way too dark compared to reference pics and sample image. Sleeve holder bands are elastic and are too loose for me. To my disappointment, the pants chains shown in the sample picture weren't included.

Final Grade: B

-----

I've contacted HelloCosplay via email to resolve some of these issues. If they are resolved, I will update accordingly and PM the OP about the changes.

Edit:

Quote:
Dear customer,
We are sorry to hear that.The chains isn't included in our description,so we didn't make it for you.And the vest has been the short paragraph,and you haven't left a note about the length you want it to be,so we made it according to the standard size"L".We are sorry it can't fit you best.And about the armband,you also haven't left your arm circumference,so we made it according your other measurements.
Sorry for the inconveniences we caused to you.
Kindest regards!
Can't really argue, though it's a bit deceptive.

Last edited by Kiro : 06-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote