Thread: Fabric Help
View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
Because of the type of dress I would go with casa satin, however the ridiculous amount of ruffles that is going to cost a lot of money, especially if you don't have a serger to use on the ruffles and you have to double them up so you don't see a seam. You could try to find something similar, but in order for it to hav the correct stiffness without looking cheap you will probably have to go with a bridal fabric. =/
why would I have to double it to to 'not see a seam'? I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean there... I already pretty much know HOW I'm going to do the dress, just not the material... because I HATED working with Bridal Satin from my Fabricland (it wasn't very stiff at all, better then costume satin, but it was still not quite as stiff as I would have liked), unless its a very low quality, which means that I'd have to order anything better online, because its the best Fabricland has... I'm more then prepared to spend $300 on this dress once I get going on it in the winter (hopefully I'll have moved and gotten a job in the new place by then)... but I see no reason to 'double up' as you are saying :S
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote