View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
kanancom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-Hikari View Post
I'm trying to find the right tyoe of fabric to make cloud strife's vest from advent children. I've searched and searched for somthing that will work and come up with nothing. to me it seems like a ribbed knit type of fabric but none of the ones ive found are right. then I thought I'd make it out of an already existing sweater...but once again nothing right in the correct size (L) any help of what to make this out of?

It is a ribbed knit fabric, you just need to find fabric with large ribbing (a lot of fabric has tiny ribbing).

Quote:
I'm having a hard time with the yellow dress for this character. Stretch fabric was a DUMB idea of mine, but it was also the only fabric in a close color that I could find locally. I wasn't thinking properly, I suppose, or I really just don't know what I'm doing.
NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN NOT SATIN
Okay, got that out. It would look horrifically awful in satin. Try using silk, I think silk would look really good for that. You can get some from Dharma Trading (a website) and you can also get silk dyes there too, I recommend custom dyeing it since its such a specific yellow. If you don't want to do that, dupioni silk would probably look okay (it is very textured with the classic slubs of silk in the fabric, if you look at a picture you'll know what I mean). Dupioni comes in a wide array of colors and shades. If silk is still too much, your best route would be a polyester, just go to difference stores and feel the fabrics and drapes to ge the best one.

Dragon*con
Assassin Apprentice - AC:Brotherhood; Zelda - LoZ: Skyward Sword; Sweet Raiden - Sweet Snake Figumate; Wander - Shadow of the Colossus
kanancom is offline   Reply With Quote