View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #3569
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Obviously they haven't announced it yet, but you know there's going to be one. Remember, killing off Nathan Hale at the end of Resistance 2 didn't stop Insomniac from making a Resistance 3. The question is how Sucker Punch will handle it, since the Good and Evil endings in InFamous 2 are vastly different.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Don't get me wrong, I don't want the Hero Ending to be the actual ending, I want to keep playing as Cole McGrath. However, Zeke left New Marais and took Cole's body with him, but where would he go? We know he has a past history in New Marais and Empire City is gone so why would he leave? At some point Zeke has accumulated knowledge regarding the First Sons technology and has really been networking with new contacts. Perhaps it is possible for Cole to be resurrected using First Sons/Government technology. It's a surprisingly open-ended ending despite how seemingly clear cut it is!

Then again I don't know how exactly you interpret the death of Cole after the death of "Kessler". Kessler died, but Cole is still alive and we know Kessler is future Cole. My assumption is based on the Back to the Future method of time travel where "Timeline A" is the timeline Kessler lives in destroyed by The Beast, where "Timeline B" is the timeline Kessler creates by travelling back in time to change the future. But this just opened up the realization that in 2 games, Cole has died twice at the end. Dun-dun-dun!

I haven't unlocked the Infamous ending, I'll probably start working for that tomorrow. I'm sort of having post "I just beat the game and I dedicated a lot of time to it" burn out.