View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Imaginational
my mom makes my cosplays

Fan-fiction Cosplay?

Hello! I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure if this has been covered already, but if it has then please link me to the thread and delete this one!

I'm planning on creating a Cupcakes!Pinkie Pie for my next Comic-Con! If you aren't familiar with the fan-fiction "Cupcakes", or the cartoon its based off of-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I suggest you look it up. The fan-fiction is incredibly gory and violent, however, so watch out for that!

Anyway...

Would it be acceptable to cosplay her outfit from the fan-fiction?

She wears a dress in the story-it's made of flanks/wings of other ponies, and she also has a necklace made from unicorn horns. I'm already drawing up designs and starting on the costume, but I just want to know if it's alright to dress up as character in a fan-fiction. This character is in the actual show, it's just her outfit that isn't canon.
Here's a reference to the outfit if you need it for whatever reason: http://media.photobucket.com/image/r.../Cupcakes2.png

I already know how to make the outfit, just asking if it's acceptable to wear to a convention! I know not many folks will recognize me, but that's not an issue as I just want to be happy in my cosplay. c:

Thanks!

Last edited by Imaginational : 07-03-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Wrong image link
Imaginational is offline   Reply With Quote