View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #2130
Saber-chan

Name of Commissioner: BlackMoon Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://blackmooncosplay.webs.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Wig for Aaeru from Simoun
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Same as the pics from before
Timeline (how long your order took to process): April 6-July 8
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This was the 2nd time I commissioned her to make a wig. My first one was great, but it puffed in the back when I wore it. I have a child-sized head. So I wanted to get a second wig made and I contacted her about doing a second one. The first one was done well in my eyes so I asked and mentioned the puffing. Immediately she said that she could fix that and that her head is small as well. It would just require her to pull the back tighter, so she'd make the wig as though it were for her head.

This time there wasn't any communication or progress pictures, and I wasn't bothered by this at all. She was doing everything she'd done before so it was going to look pretty much the same. The agreed upon due date was June. I'd signed up for a June spot, but never asked exactly what day that meant. I figured that it meant I'd have it by the end of June, which was fine. I didn't need the wig until the end of July for my con.

Around mid-June I contacted her to see how things were going and they were well. However, she had started a new job, which caused her to have less time to work on wigs. She was finding that it could be very difficult to do, but she never sent out an email that stated this, and I'm sure I never would have known unless I contacted her.

I began contacting her at the end of June and she kept saying I'd have the wig soon and she'd ship it no problem. She said she had a con over the that last June/first July weekend and it would be shipped out Monday or Tuesday. She tends to ship priority mail so she said by Friday at the latest. Friday came and went so I emailed her again. The next time she replied, she had shipped it and gave a tracking number. I was to receive it on the 8th. I did and it was packaged just as well as before. Once again she sent extra business cards and a free wig cap.

When I tried the wig on, it fit nicely and no puffing in the back. It was just what I wanted and I was very pleased with it. I'd still use her again, but definitely make sure to give her plenty of advance notice. She does great work.
Final Grade: A- (due to communication issues)
Illysaviel (Fs/n): casual wear (Saturday; photoshoot only)
Saber-chan is offline   Reply With Quote