View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
DaniiChan
something clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skxawng View Post
I'm doing Khal Drogo hopefully in time for Otakon, but if not, for halloween.
I was looking at your other post the other day and admire how detail-oriented you are!!! Can't wait to see the finished product it all looks so amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skxawng View Post
On first glance it would appear to be leather, but the high res shot makes it a lot clearer. The pecan shapes are stamped metal, but if I were you I'd simply make them out of Apoxie Sculpt, carving into it with a dental pick or xacto blade once it's cured. Beneath those I'm willing to bet that the flat belt is more or less just a wide/thick elastic belt, one you might find at a craft store.

The belt below that, however, will be more difficult, unless you've got access to a laser cutter, which will make your life super duper simple. It reminds me though, of some of my grandma's old theatrical jewelry ... might be somewhere you may consider looking.
Yea, I've been looking in a LOT of antique shops.... But I was thinking of making it from sculpting clay or something, so it's nice to get some specific suggestions, thank you!! I think I may try that if I don't find anything similar.

Are you going to Dragon*Con? Or just Otakon?
DaniiChan is offline   Reply With Quote