View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #2154
Silent_shadow

Name of Commissioner: Limebarb

Website/C.com gallery: http://limebarbstores.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Yuna from Final Fantast X, the entire costume except the wig and earring, and two staff props.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Never took any...

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

Months, almost a year I think if I hadn't kept pestering her.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

My memory is incredibly fuzzy as this had been many years back... but I know now how naive I had been as a child.

It was pretty damn pricey, and so I had to beg my mom and did extra chores and such before I was actually able to order it... as well as having the trouble of getting someone to help me pay since I was still quite young.

Once payment was received, I didn't receive many updates... barely really, and so nervously and as politely as possible, I would try to ask them about how things were going.
And now when I received my order, hm let's see...

The materials used were crap. I mean, it was as if she used really starchy pillow cases for the sleeves, a VERY stiff and uncomfortable material for the white top that had been difficult to wrap around my chest, a very ugly obi that had about three sets of buttons... so if I used the nearest set, of course the others could be seen. The boots were like something you would wear for fishing or working in a wet market, and the material had been badly damaged during delivery... The thing was just so horribly uncomfortable to wear. I was a tiny bit disappointed when I had seen the finished shots but I really hadn't expected them to be THIS bad when I received them. (I was just so afraid to anger anyone back then, even when they were pretty much screwing me over.)

And the staffs... the most expensive ones things on my order, the gem stones and such had fallen off, there were so many cracks that it was impossible to repair them... (But I tried, with my poor dad helping me too...) I finally threw them out about a year or so back...

And so once again, I rather timidly told them about a few of the problems, and received no reply. But then I felt guilty, thinking perhaps that maybe my expectations were far too high... and everyone else seemed happy with their costumes, so I apologized after and told them I would enjoy and wear the costume... to which they replied this time~

I was such an idiot...

Final Grade: D- I guess since I still received them, but no... just don't go to her.
Silent_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote