View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #2171
tishwad

Name of Commissioner: hmwsg x

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/132262/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Full Costume (bodysuit, jacket, bootcovers, gloves, belt), Miranda Lawson- Mass Effect 2

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...k/DSC_0538.png

Timeline (how long your order took to process): We first spoke in November of 2010, and began comparing notes on how to accurately make this costume happen. I chose to provide the bodysuit material, which took a good chunk of time to find and print, and once that was shipped off (March 2011), she had until mid-July to work on it, as I intended to wear it to SDCC. Everything was on-time, shipped quickly and packaged beautifully. She even overnighted it so that there was no chance of it getting delayed before I had to fly off to San Diego.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Absolutely professional from the get-go. She was very willing to try new ideas, and I was very specific about how I wanted the suit to look and work. I sent detailed notes and she pretty much did everything she could to accomodate. The vinyl she had to use was certainly not ideal for a skin-tight bodysuit, and she only had a list of my measurements as reference. Additionally, I had to send the material to her in smaller pieces, which she had to try to assemble as efficiently as possible. Her communication was excellent, and she asked for my preference on every little detail- which is exactly what I was looking for in a costumer.
When I put the suit on for the first time, the fit was incredible. She has serious experience with skin-tight costumes, and it really shows!
Yes, there were small issues here and there, such as the suit being slightly looser in a few places- primarily the waist- due to many factors; I had pushed for a functional zipper along the side, to be consistent with the in-game suit, which changed the way the fabric was cut and stretched. Additionally, I had been trying to gain some muscle to hold decent posture while walking around in costume. This snowballed into my losing a bit of weight, hence the looseness in the suit. But, as you can see in the photo, it's extremely minor.

Overall, she is incredibly talented and creative as a costumer, and the workmanship was phenomenal. Her rates were extremely reasonable- especially for the amount of dedication and work she put in- and the quality and skill behind her creations are nothing short of professional.

Final Grade: A++
tishwad is offline   Reply With Quote