View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #2174
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Name of Commissioner: Score

Website/C.com gallery: Cosplay, dA

Character commissioned and series/video game: Flemeth from Dragon Age 2, the wig and crown

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/215341/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Communication began October 2010 (wanted to jump on commissions early) and ended in early May 2011

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros
Score was extremely accommodating to what I wanted for the wig, and only had sparse screenshots and concept art to go off of since the game was not released until March.
He was also very understanding and had great communication skills/manners. When he sent me shots of the wig and we both discovered it was too grey of a wig, he was patient enough to adjust it and add white wefts. It really turned out great in the end that the wig had grey and white in it.
His method on adding the horns is absolutely genius, it seems to stump everyone on how he did it.
The crown is awesome, and again he had a really great idea on how to attach it to the wig.

He still kept in communication with me after I received the wig and answered any and all questions I had about how to wear the wig, how to attach things, etc. I don't know how other commissioners work, but I truly appreciated he was courteous.

Cons
There are a few areas where it is a bit noticeable where the wefts were glued, and I had to go in and do some retouching and recoloring the horn tips and the crown (with his permission, of course). But honestly that was not a huge deal since I had a week to work on retouching and I figured I would need to color match my horns to my fabric.

Overall
I get so many compliments on the wig, and it really makes up a large portion of what makes Flemeth so iconic. I don't think I would trust anyone else on making this wig. If I have any other challenging wigs I need made, I will definitely go to Score before anyone else.

All in all I am a very fussy, detail oriented person so I am thankful he put up with me and got the wig so accurate with very little photo references.

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by hmwsg x : 08-09-2011 at 03:32 PM.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote