View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #2180
Ka.GAMI
loves you~

Name of Commissioner: Hellocosplay
Website/C.com gallery: Hellocosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Panty from Panty and Stocking
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: What I expected(full cosplay).
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
The process was very quick, probably about two and a half weeks for everything.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
At first, everything seemed to be doing really well. I was excited about my cosplay and ended up hurrying home when I heard it arrived. At first, I was disappointed to see that it was almost completely satin, where as the impression I had gotten from the picture was cotton with a special occasion fabric as the underskirt. Now, I gave them my exact measurements for the cosplay, but the top ended up being huge and didn't fit well. I would have been perfectly fine with this, though. Then, when I put on the skirt, I noticed that the hem was uneven, as can be seen here. But that wasn't it. I turned it around, trying to see if I could ignore it, and I notice a part of the skirt is less shiny. Upon closer look, it appears that they had spilled something on it, which can sort of be seen here. The stain, although does not picture well, has a few splotches all the way up the skirt.
So, I emailed them, thinking that they could do something about it. I have to admit, due to being aggravated that I'm moving and my convention is in a couple weeks, that I was more than a little angry about my cosplay and was probably more rude than I should have been, but I tried explaining the situation to them and sent many pictures of both. They told me that the spill was dust and it would go away with washing, along with that the skirt just needed to be ironed and the hem would be fixed, which although yes- it does need to be ironed, not to that degree. Then, I think somewhere along the line they thought I was complaining about the length, for they told me not to wear it up at my waist even though it was sitting on my hips. They told me they would refund me ten dollars, but there was nothing they could do about it. I am now stuck having to remake both my Panty cosplay and probably my Stocking's when she gets it.
Also, the only thing on the cosplay that was cotton was the gloves, which will be salvaged.
Final Grade: D

But now, here's the funny part.

Name of Commissioner: Hellocosplay
Website/C.com gallery: Hellocosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Madoka Magica school uniform.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: What I expected(full cosplay).
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Week and a half.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Now, I ordered this a few days after my Panty cosplay, and it arrived before Panty, in which I was very, very pleasantly surprised. Everything fit perfectly, the fabric was amazing, and the only problem was that I had accidentally given them the skirt length I needed for Panty, when this sat at the waistline, making it way too short.
I emailed them, asking if I could but just the skirt again and they were very nice and told me how to do it. I had needed it in a bit of a hurry(sort of, cosplay meet versus con), but they emailed me saying that they didn't have the fabric anymore and that it would have some delays. I said that it was fine. Don't have the skirt yet, but if it is anything like the quality of the one I have, it is amazing. My only complaint is that the shoulders are really, really big and that they don't state on their website that the sleeves are detachable. If you plan to buy this item, make sure you give them your upper arm measurement.
Final Grade: B+

Currently: grnjkan
Next con:

PAX 2012
Rhyme Bito -TWEWY
Probably some version of Ramona
Probably some version of Amy Pond

Ka.GAMI is offline   Reply With Quote