View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1428
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
You know, watching the trailers... I would totally forgive the new design if it turned out that this dmc character was some other kid who was being brainwashed to think he's Dante, and then the real Dante shows up later. You could almost make it work, with the first teaser they released. But... nah, Ninja Theory isn't that creative on plot, and it'd be too much of a ripoff of DMC4 (Dante showing up halfway through the game).

Speaking of, for those who already know all the DMC4 spoilers, can anyone tell me

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
what the source was for the quote that "officially" explained that Nero was Vergil's son? I thought it supposedly came from some Capcom employee in an interview, but I never found a citation for it.
Agreed. Like I said, if this was a new character then fine, but don't tell me that is supposed to be the Dante I've known for the past 10 years.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
It comes from the talk of Yamato, Vergil's sword, only being able to be wielded by someone of Sparda's bloodline. Originally Dante wanted it back, but then at the end of the game when Nero offers to return it Dante says something about him hanging onto it and "keeping it in the family". To my knowledge there is no official word, its just very heavily implied.

As far as costume stuff... More work done to Rebellion and Sparda, just gotta make the pommels of the hilts, whcih I continue to procrastinate about. Think I'm gonna give Ebony and Ivory another go, see if I can improve on what I previously made. Been working on some other stuff too. Also trying to set up a little prop business on the side, blogs and various accounts getting set up, ect.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote