View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #2186
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Name of Commissioner - Sunfus Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery - Sunfus_Cosplay2007 on ebay

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) - Barnaby Brooks Jr. From Tiger and Bunny - Jacket

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - Photo 1 Photo 2

Timeline (how long your order took to process) - 3 days of back-and-forth messages, then about 1 week processing time.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - Okay. So. I messaged them about the full Barnaby cosplay in their ebay store, asking if I could order the jacket by itself. A little red flag went up when they asked for the payment directly (which is actually against ebay policy), instead of listing the coat separately, but I figured since I'm doing it through paypal--if anything goes awry, I can always contact paypal and refute the charges.

So, it came out to $68 for the coat, and $25 for shipping, which was a little more than I'd like, but this is what I get for trying to put this together last-minute! I sent the payment, and within a week, a card showed up in my mailbox notifying me that I had a package to pick up at the post office. (Our apartment complex only has 2 mailboxes for packages, when they're being used you have to go pick your packages up in person at the post office.) I figured it was a textbook or something else that I had ordered, but it was my jacket! Furthermore, it had pockets! (Something that had not been mentioned in the description, and pockets are a big deal for me in cosplay.)

Anyway, the quality is about what you expect for a piece of a cosplay commissioned from Hong Kong, not super-thick, it's decent and the sleeves are plenty long enough even though the jacket is slightly shorter than I wanted. But holy crap did that arrive fast for something shipped all the way from Hong Kong!

Final Grade: B+ (This would be an A, but the weird...breaking ebay's rules thing brings it down just because it doesn't offer much security.)

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote