View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #480
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoudai View Post
Too bad. I'd fly you out here if I had the money

I used polyester for my genderswapped Homura's white cardigan/jacket thingy and that worked pretty well. I had been thinking about making a genderswap Kyoko as well (because I'm kind of crazy like that) and probably would've used the same stuff. Not too heavy, which is something you definitely have to account for when the big convention is in Los Angeles in July.
Yah, really. We've got a group out here, but it's mostly girls doing the girl versions. The other two guys are being standard!Homura (though I might still talk him into genderswap, for the sake of everyone's sanity) and a gijinka version of Kyubey, probably with a troll-face mask.

So, something suiting-ish. I'll see what the store has in the right colour. I kinda like to know fabric widths ahead of time so I can figure out yardage.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote