View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #1291
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomGamer View Post
Working on an Ema Skye costume now, from Investigations. Ordered her socks today, and I think I may already have her boots.

It is incredibly difficult to find a wig in the right color/length that doesn't have blunt bangs. I know Ema HAS bangs, but they're sideswept, not blunt. So we'll see how that turns out. No way my hair will grow that long by the time I need the costume, even if that is my natural hair color.
Finding the right wig is always difficult. Thank goodness for sharpies and scissors! XD I think I've only purchased one wig that I never had to cut/trim to get the right style. Wig work is as much of an art as sewing. Best of luck to you!

My Shih-na costume is complete. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/394068/

I was wearing it at a convention about a week or so ago. However I was sick for most of the day and missed our AA group gathering. Our Callisto Yew was MIA also. It was a really late Saturday night/Sunday morning. >.> I only had one Lady Gaga reference at a panel I was hosting, and promptly corrected him. To which I was met with thunderous applause and the guy laughing, so yea to that! lol

So the pictures I have are not the best and I'll have to bug my photog buddies for a shoot. But overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I know the sunglasses are not 100% accurate. I'm using a prescription pair. It's nice having costumes where I can see people. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 09-13-2011 at 10:51 AM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote