View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #2209
Aurorae

Name of Commissioner: Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery: Arda-wigs.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): One wig, a Ferrari in Pumpkin
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I only have one grainy picture in my gallery of it, will try to take a better one
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Picked it up at a con, so right away!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: I picked the wig up at Otakon, so no shipping involved. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, just that I was looking for an orange wig. The girls at the booth were very helpful, and showed me a bunch of different wigs in the color I picked. They even put up with my amazing indecisiveness, which was a plus. They told me a bit about the wig once I picked one, too. I ended up paying in cash but they were taking credit card orders as well, which was nice. My friend was getting a wig from them at the same time, and they let us know which ones weren't heat resistant or blended.

The wig itself is gorgeous. It's a Ferrari in their pumpkin color, which is a very pretty light orange. It's a non-blended wig, but it could have fooled me. The fiber almost seems to shift color slightly in person to give it a blended look. I've never owned a wig longer than my shoulders before so I expected it to be thinner, but it's by far the thickest wig I own. It combs out very nicely, and still looks amazing after me not-so-gently combing some of the curls out. It looks very natural, even under camera flashes, and a color-blind friend actually thought I had simply curled my hair XD It has bangs, but they're long enough to be tucked under or pushed aside to make the wig look bangless if needed.

Cons: None that I can think of, really. The wig did tangle just a little on the underside, but I blame that mostly on myself and the summer weather in Baltimore. It untangled relatively easily, and that was the only part that was tangled at all.

Final Grade: A+. Would definitely buy from them again.
Aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote