View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #2220
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Name of Merchant- Cosplay.com
Website- Cosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity)- 1 Black Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item- Never opened the box
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Took 5 month to resolve.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

I ordered a wig a few weeks before Otakon from them, so this was around mid July. The next day I found out about a huge wig store in my area, and found a wig that I liked a lot more and that was a lot less money. I e-mailed them and asked them to cancel the order. I believe this was on a Monday. On Saturday, I got an e-mail saying that the wig had been shipped. I called them on Monday to discuss this with them. The girl that I talked to on the phone was kind of nice, but it was really awkward. It seemed like she was some high school girl that they picked up off the street; she didn't really talk very professionally. She told me that just because I was e-mailed on Saturday, that it probably shipped way before that day, and that maybe there was a very small amount of time between when I sent out the e-mail and when I received the shipping email. I told her the tracking number said that it was not mailed out until Thursday, and I tried to cancel it on Monday. She apologized that no one had responded to my e-mail.

I told her that when the wig came I would like a refund, and she said that was fine. She said that when the wig came, they could send me a return label, or email me one to print out. I asked if she could go ahead and do that, because I had no use for the wig. She seemed hesitant to, because the label costs money or something, and she told me they would after I got the wig. Well I received the wig, but I never opened it because I wanted to send it back.
At this point I was a little inconvenienced, but it was not a big deal yet.

I emailed them after Otakon was over and requested the shipping label. Over the next few weeks I e-mailed them probably five times, and from two different e-mails so they could not claim that they did not receive the e-mails from a certain address. I still have not gotten an e-mail response.

I have even started calling them. I left them a polite message last Sunday. I called them during business hours on Wednesday and no one answered, so I left another polite message. Still no response. I called them yesterday and left a very angry (but not rude) voice mail about how this is completely unacceptable. We'll see if they call me this week.

You would assume that the company that runs this website would attempt to do a much better job, but obviously not. Cosplay.com shopping is an absolute joke.

*UPDATE*

It was the beginning of December and they were still not answering the phone or returning my messages, so I complained on their FB page. They told me to message Admin on here, so I did. He refunded the cost of my wig and told me I could keep the wig for free. I told him that I appreciated it, but I asked why this had happened in the first place, and I have not yet heard back from him.

I am so thankful that I got a refund, but I don't really have a use for this wig right now, unless I use it to practice on which is helpful. However, I still don't understand why this happened and it is unacceptable. I am changing my final grade, which was originally an F, but I will never shop with them again.

New Final Grade- D

Last edited by Aqua's Rhapsody : 01-05-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote