View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
RoxieRavage

Zippers - How to Dye/Paint them? - Zoey (Left 4 Dead)

Hi, all!

I'm working on Zoey from Left 4 Dead, but I'm in a rush. I want to get it done for Halloween festivities. I ordered a jacket (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038JHSXM), and decided to alter it slightly to fit what I need. The only things is, I'd prefer not to have to replace the zipper completely ... but it needs to be white. Are there any methods of dyeing or painting that would be effective at changing the color of the plastic zipper without losing it's functionality (making it stick)? I had one friend suggest spray paint, but I haven't tried it yet nor do I know what type of spray paint would be best ...

I have one more topic of interest I want input on: I'm wondering the best way to alter/change the kimono sleeve seams that lay crosswise on the shoulders. In Zoey's jacket, they're white, but I don't want to rip out the seam and add white trim or anything. Would it be best to just carefully bleach those seams white or stitch white piping over the the seams to create the desired look? Would any other method be easier? Oh, and my last question would be about the white panels on the side of her jacket. If you can't tell, I'm in a rush, so I don't want to get too involved in taking it apart to insert the white panels. What would be a better and quicker to create those white panels while still maintaining a professional look in construction?

Thanks for any help! And here's a link to see Zoey's jacket in detail:
RoxieRavage is offline   Reply With Quote