Thread: Disney Cosplay
View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #9915
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Sasha- Yup, mine is a circle skirt! This is the pattern I used. Here's a pic of it:
(I hate how the seam looks in that pic! >.< I don't know why it's like that). That pattern should work; I took quite a few inches off of it for Rose, so it should be long enough. I plan to use it for my KtG Ariel as well. Also, I am wearing the E petti from Simplicity 5006 under it.

LKD- It sucks you had to put your costumes in storage! I hope your family issues are soon resolved. But I like the ideas of a fem Facilier!

Lime- My Rose skirt was hemmed with a serger, as you can see pretty well here. It's the most efficient way of hemming a circle skirt. The couture way of hemming one is done basically as Ali said, except it is done with teensy tiny pleats that are sewn down by hand. It actually works beautifully, but I can see why you don't want to do that for Rapunzel.

So, I finally got around to fixing my Sally dress! I took 3 inches off the shoulder seams, meaning I had to take out and replace the sleeves, which took ages! lol I still need to do the stitching over the seams and paint the lines/stitch my gloves, which I will probably do tomorrow. I will be debuting Sally this Saturday! Hopefully I'll be able to get a few good shots if not the full photoshoot. 83

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 10-20-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote