View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #2243
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner : Fan Plus Friend

Website/C.com gallery : http://www.fanplusfriend.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Misuzu Kamio summer uniform from Air

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : [Will post when I find my camera]

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : It took a little over a month for the costume to be completed and shipped to me. Very fast!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : About two weeks into the costume making, I realized I needed them to adjust the bust measurements (as a fault on my part, because I didn't quite measure right). They replied and said that wouldn't be a problem, but they said that it might take some extra time. About a week later, I asked what their estimated completion date was (I needed it in time for the fourth of November), and they said they would rush the order and send it to me. I was so surprised and happy, especially since rush making an item is supposed to cost extra, but I didn't have to pay the extra fee!
I got the costume in the mail today, and was very pleasantly surprised. The fabric is so nice (a very high quality, sturdy cotton), and the fit is very good. The fit is a bit wonky in some places, but that's because of my own weird body proportions (large bust, small waist, large hips). The sleeves are a bit large (they're already supposed to be pretty big, but I think they were too big for my liking), but that would be really easy to alter. As for the colors, the dress is great (a very nice, dark black), but the blouse is a little too light for my liking. I asked if they could make it a cream color, but it turned out more off-white. But again, really not a problem. Other than that, they got everything spot-on.

Pros : AMAZING quality, fits nice, very cute, worth the price.

Cons : Blouse color is a little off, fit is a bit weird around the bust area.

Final Grade : A-

(The only reason I'm giving it an A- is because of the blouse color. Everything else is great!)

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote