View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #2247
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Merchant: Cosplay Wigs USA, a.k.a., Gothic Lolita Wigs

Item purchased (please include quantity):
http://cosplaywigsusa.com/cosplay-wi...golden-blonde/ (1 wig bought.)

Links to picture(s) of your received item: (Will post when I find my digital camera.)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I wanted the wig in a hurry, so I chose the second-fastest shipping method. I got an email a couple hours after purchasing it that it had shipped. A couple days later, it arrived.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Customer service was appalling. I sent an email asking a question about the wig I wanted, and never got a reply back. Tried their Facebook account, and never got a reply back. Tried Facebooking their representatives, and never got a reply back. To this day, I have not gotten a reply back. Even though it's Halloween season, this is completely inexcusable, and it was really frustrating, considering all the good things that I had heard about their service. The only positive part of the experience was the fast shipping.

Now, onto the wig itself. The wig is pretty, but incredibly thin. The first thing I noticed when getting it out of the package was that you could clearly see the inner lace cap through the hair. I was incredibly upset. I had heard such great things about their wigs being thick, so I readily paid the $33.95 plus $14.00 shipping. I really wish I hadn't. It was just not worth it. What good is a pretty looking wig if you can't wear it without showing off the inner lace cap? The fibers were nice and soft, but the wig as a whole was not good considering the thinness. Very upsetting.

I tried to make do (I was absolutely set on not having to order another wig) and decided to cut the bangs. Eventually, though, I realized it just wasn't going to work, and knew that they wouldn't take it back after I cut it. They probably wouldn't respond to my email anyway. In the end, I decided to order a wig from a different site (Arda). In comparison, the Arda wig is so much thicker. You couldn't get the lace to show if you tried. (But this isn't a review for Arda, so I'll stop right there.)

I was just so, incredibly disappointed, and I don't plan on ordering from them in the future, no matter how many good reviews they might have. It's not worth the risk to me.

Final Grade: D-

The fibers were nice and soft, and the color was great. The wig was just way too thin and customer service was abysmal.

EDIT: After complaining to them about the wig, I got a very fast reply back. Hm. They said that they purposely make that particular wig line thin so as to make it lighter because of the curls. This makes no sense. I got a long curly wig from Arda that's very thick, and it's not heavy at all. I replied back saying that they should put in the product description that those particular wigs are thin on the top, so people know what they're getting into when they spend $33.95+ on a wig. No reply back as of yet.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo

Last edited by Oniigiri_Basket : 11-02-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote