View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #52
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

This. Entire day has been a COMPLETE waste. I had planned to finish all my Xmas shopping, and get a few things for myself (embroidery floss for finishing a project, base boots for a cosplay, lotion, and some other things).

So I got delayed a whole hour even getting the hell out of the house, and it was raining and miserably cold. Bus is late, crammed full, and fucking STINKS. I finally get to the mall, and foolishly decide to take a 15-minute walk to Michael's. I'm Half frozen by the time I get there, and guess what I discover? THEY'RE OUT OF EVERY DAMN COLOUR OF THREAD THAT I NEED. I took a gigantic freezing walk, for NOTHING, and was so upset because of it that I almost yelled at the manager. Then I trek all the way back to the mall with hopes of finding the OTHER things I need. Xmas present for my boyfriend's sister? Nope, the stores all stopped stocking what I was going to get her. Base boots for cosplay? The only half-suitable pair I could find were way too expensive, and I was dejected enough that I couldn't be bothered to actively shop for any clothing items or such either. Everything else I was looking for? Well of COURSE not! If I could ever find anything, I'd have too damn easy a time, wouldn't I? And then while my starving, tired and near-tears self is dragging my feet through the infuriatingly noisy and crowded mall to get something to eat, I get called that I've had ANOTHER schedule change, which ruined most of my plans for next week. And it's still shitty outside, dark now, and to go home, I have to take the damn bus again, which is tolerable at best, especially if I'm already in a lousy mood.
And here I was,wanting to have a NICE day out for myself. I should have just stayed the hell in.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote