View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #53
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireChaos View Post
My psychology teacher is getting on my nerves. I am a Christian and he is an atheist. I'm usually like "Don't push your beliefs on me and I won't push mine on you." And I don't care if he brings up a debate on it if it applies to our discussion, but lately he stats bringing up how God doesn't really exist even when it has NOTHING to do with the lesson. I wish he could just stick to the lesson and not bring faiths into a lesson that has nothing to do with it. Also, he won't even give people a CHANCE to argue their views.
I generally dislike telling people I am Atheist because so many of the others I've met and spoken with are just the same kind of pretentious zealots they claim to be avoiding. I've had someone on another forum private message me, starting off with the very normal comments of being an Atheist too and being pleased to find someone else out there who wasn't ashamed of their beliefs. It went well and polite and all that until the end in which they said "Good job on hating all the Christians!" meant as some sort of pleasantry in parting.

Excuse me?

I responded, rather heatedly, letting them know just how inappropriate that comment was ,that Atheism is not the hatred of Christianity , and comments like this are exactly why people think Atheists are punk ass kids who are just rebelling against the 'man' and are not taken seriously.

It's so tiring hearing from other Atheists and listening to them act like children, claiming they are so much better then the Christians because they're nothing like the crazy zealots they imagine every Christian to be. Then act exactly like that.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Half of the time an Atheist talking to me assumes I am religious, and is shocked when I inform them I am of the same belief as they are.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote