View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #2267
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Name of Commissioner:
SKCos/skcos-shop

Website/C.com gallery:
http://stores.ebay.com/skcos-shop

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Series: Macross Frontier
Character: Sheryl Nome
Color: silver/white/blue

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://celia-rose.tumblr.com/post/13...os-is-a-lesser

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
- Ordered November 21, 2011
- Arrived on December 2, 2011

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
SKCos is a lesser known shop on eBay, so I was a little skeptical to purchase from it at first. However, they were the only wig shop I had encountered so far that was selling the color wig I wanted, so I took the risk and ordered two of the wig in question.

Pro's:
SKCos sent me a notice one day afte I paid for the wigs that they were preparing to ship, and then a couple days after shipped them. eBay estimated that they would arrive around December 13th at the earliest, but they actually arrived by Dec. 2, and I ordered these on Nov. 21. I also received a tracking number for my wigs, but I didnít notice until after the wigs had already arrived. ďotz

Cons:
The wig isnít quite what I was expecting. Firstly, the most notable difference is the color. The wig advertised is closer to a silver with blue tones, and with a matte finish. However, the wig I received is a darker shade of periwinkle with white, lilac, and purple mixed in. I mean, it still works, but itís too dark to be used alone for my Diamond Crevasse cosplay. Secondly, the wig is very shiny. It reminds me a lot of Charissa-KIDS wigs, in both good and bad ways. Itís soft and made with thin fibers like Charissa-KIDS. However, it also tangles just as easily, and has a lot of shine to it when photographed. Both can be fixed, though, with some silicone spray and powder.

Final Grade: B
Itís long, and itís really pretty looking. I do like it, but itíll be some extra work before I achieve the final product I want with my wig for this costume.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote