View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #2276
mewcookie

Name of Commissioner:
The Five Wits (Cactus Mafia in Canada)

Website/C.com gallery:
http://thefivewits.net/cosplay-wigs/
(Cactus Mafia: http://www.cactusmafia.com/?page_id=59)

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Wig #1: Intergalactic Manly Fluff
Wig #2: Eclipse Loli Ruffle Encounter

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
(excuse the crappy mirror photos lol)
Wig #1: Wig
Wig #2: Both Pigtails / One Ponytail / Base Wig

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
N/A (purchased from Cactus Mafia at cons)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
In one word: WOW! These are beautiful wigs that don't look at all cheap. The price they ask for is very fair for their quality (about $30-$50, pretty standard) and I love both of these wigs to death. The lovely thing about them is how thick they are - if you position the bangs a particular way, they stay there pretty much forever. You will never have to worry about your wig cap showing through when wearing these! Seriously, if you're looking to style a wig, I'd buy from these guys. The wigs are so thick you can pretty much style them with your hands. Wig #2 looks very cute with both pigtails, one ponytail, or even just the base wig - the clip-ons make it very versatile!!

The only thing stopping these wigs from getting a perfect A+ is that Wig #1 is somewhat coarse. It's odd, because the other wig is smooth and silky, but it's probably just because of the style (it's meant for Simon from Gurren Lagann or Rin from Blue Exorcist, both of whom have spiky hair). It's such a minor problem that I'm reluctant to even point it out, but it's not as soft as it could be. The other wig is very silky, though, and it's hardly even coarse enough to be a problem in the first place, so please don't let this put you off from buying a Five Wits wig.

I love these wigs, and it's very convenient for me to buy from their Canadian reseller, Cactus Mafia, at conventions because I don't have to pay for shipping. They are outstanding and I plan to buy as many from them as possible in the future!

Final Grade:
A
agnès oblige - bravely default

upcoming cons
anime north 2014
conbravo 2014

Last edited by mewcookie : 12-11-2011 at 06:01 PM.
mewcookie is offline   Reply With Quote