View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #1092
Originally Posted by oreobunbun View Post
I see. thanks for the reply.
Would it be best to only wear bridal satin for a more experienced loita? I was just wondering why that is? Is it becasue they are more familiar with coordinating and the rules and stuff?

I love lolita and I think bridal satin is a wonderful fabric, but I don't want to look Ita when I first start wearing lolita. I'm planning on using bridal satin for classic and gothic lolita. For me, it would look nice. But I would love more suggestions from experienced lolitas. =]
Pretty much. If a bad design is executed in something simple like a poly/cotton weave it's going to look bad, but if it's done in a less-used fabric like satin it's going to look awful. Satins aren't even used often by brands, the only examples I can think of are Altelier Pierrot's bustle dress: and Alice and the Pirates' Beauty and the Rose Promise: Lolitas as a general rule tend to shy away from things that have any sort of sheen to it. It's just seen as tacky, regardless of how expensive or nice the fabric is.

I would recommend starting out with more conventional fabrics, but if you're dead set on bridal satin then you can try it.
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote