View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #2282
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Fu
Website/C.com gallery: ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Gakuen Hetalia Female Uniform If the link doesn't work, it comes with a collared shirt, a sweater with the emblem, the dress, a tie, and a blazer with the emblem.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Jacket closed
Jacket open
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I ordered the costume on December 5, 2011. On the 15th or 16th, I got an email that it had been shipped. It arrived in the US on the 18th and on the 20th it was delivered to me.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros:
Before I ordered, I'd been having conversations with their support team about sizing. They responded and answered my question rather quickly. As I said, I ordered it on the 5th and received it on 20th. I didn't expect it until a month later since I even said I didn't need it until late January. I made a note to them when I ordered it for it reach my knees, but I didn't notice I put the measurement in feet. They sent me an email confirming what it was that I wanted and we got that issue settled pretty quickly. When I got the uniform, it reached perfectly to my knees. The material of the costume is polyester, but it's pretty comfy. It feels like I'm wearing pajamas almost. I had heard that the tie they sent was some sort of clip-on/zipper deal, but the one I got was an actual tie that I get to joyfully fail at tying. The package they sent also came with this cute phone charm and a coupon that doesn't expire for 3 years.
Cons:
Loose threads everywhere I look! Those are just a few of them. The things are everywhere. The buttonholes are also fraying and the buttons were sewn on pretty shabbily. They flop around all and one already popped off. I'm going to have to redo all of them. There are few sizing issues too. Like the previous picture of the missing button shows, it's not a perfect fit. That's the waist area and it feels like I've been poured into it. I think they made it exactly my measurement because there's no wiggleroom, but it's not too tight either. The collared shirt is a bit tight around the shoulders so it's difficult to move my arms in some directions. One of the seams on the buttondown is also puckering pretty badly without being worn. I might just end up replacing it with a shirt I already have.
Final Grade: I give them a B. It's comfortable and looks how it should, but the sizing problems and shoddy craftsmanship in certain areas prevent it from getting an A.

Also, a note because I don't know what's up with it. They cut the tags off everything but the dress. I notice the company on the tag has a different site than cosplay fu. I just thought it was weird.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)

Last edited by StrawberryNinja : 12-21-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Adding something
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote