View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #2318
Necara
The Neccapotamus

Name of Commissioner: electroViolet
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/215080
Character commissioned and series/video game: Utena Tenjou from Revolutionary Girl Utena (Blazer, epaulettes, and shoes)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i.imgur.com/i5jxH.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3-4 months
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Communication was great. She was always willing to answer any questions I had. I ordered it in November so it took a bit slower granted the holiday season. The price was $40 for labor, $20 for shipping and $30 for materials. I asked for the cuffs, white skirt of fabric, and the epaulettes to be removable, and I asked for the jacket to be lined.

When I received it, it was not lined, and the jacket was secured together with velcro (which was glued to the ribbon trim and was coming off already), with the buttons glued onto the fabric. Three of the buttons ended up falling off within half an hour. The skirt was to be secured with a ribbon, but the ribbon would show through the bottom of the blazer. The cuffs were velcroed together and there was nothing to keep them attached to the sleeve of the blazer when in use. There were some loose threads on the sleeve and skirt part as well.

I had another commission lined up for her to make that I paid $75 for. I guess there was a tax taken out when it got to her so she only received $71.77 dollars. This also happened for the first payment but she never told me or asked for extra money which I would have gladly and immediately fixed. I paid $90 for the Utena costume, to which she was only given $86. I was never told that all of the money didn't go through. Also the money to ship the costume came out to be $26 instead of $20 apparently, and she didn't bother to let me know until later. Upon asking for a refund, she told me the actual amounts she received and that instead of getting $125 back ($75 plus $50) I was only offered back $91.77 if I shipped the costume back. So with losing the $26 dollars from shipping, I would get back $65.77, which is even less the whole second payment.

Edit: She finally agreed to give me back the full $75 and $50 because I opened a paypal dispute and locked her bank account. Two days later she still hasn't sent me the money though.

Final Grade: F

Last edited by Necara : 02-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Necara is offline   Reply With Quote