View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
yosuke
Brohoof - Pound it

Amateur photographer needs critique

This is my first time posting in the photography forum, so we'll see how this goes.

First off, I'd like to point out that I am well aware that I am not a professional photographer, nor have I had the amount of experience, training, or education as some of the more well-qualified photogs on this site. It's something I completely understand and that I'm okay with. I am an amateur and I will always refer to myself as such. That being said, I'd like to see what others really think of my photos instead of hearing my friends say "ooh pretty, i like it" all the time.

The first two are from personal photoshoots:

IMG_5464 by kado_li, on Flickr

IMG_6241 by kado_li, on Flickr
(This was one done at a convention, so I am aware that it's probably not best that her con wristband is showing.)

These were taken at conventions of cosplayers I just randomly ran into:

IMG_3072 by kado_li, on Flickr

IMG_5172 by kado_li, on Flickr

IMG_4508 by kado_li, on Flickr

As far as the convention pictures go, I know it's not a good idea to have people in the background, but I suppose I'm not quite skilled or patient enough to wait until they're gone, or angle the shots any differently than from what I feel would make a good shot. If any of you can offer a good argument to change my mind, though, I wouldn't be opposed to hearing it.
Also, it's unwise of me, I suppose, but I do not own an external flash yet, so everything gets tweaked in Photoshop afterwards. Therefore, I apologize if you find any lighting problems. Again, I've had no formal training so I'm probably not aware of any subtle issues with the pictures.

These pictures are some of the ones I'm most proud of and I like the most. I would like to offer them up for critique because if I think they're good and there's actually something wrong with them that I'm unaware of, then I'll continue to take pictures with these flaws. So please, critique these so I can fix myself. Thank you all in advance
yosuke is offline   Reply With Quote