View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #2340
iXeres
Travelling Boobward.

I registered (or rather, re-registered, I lost my old account email) just to post this review so that other people don't suffer how I did.

Name of Commissioner: Limebarb
Website/C.com gallery: www.limebarb.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Entire costume - Red Mage AF armor from FF XI
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, no item delivered.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3 months.
Describe your Experience.

Pros: From the start, communication was great. I'm extremely picky about fabrics, and that seemed to be taken into consideration. It seemed like we were on the same page about the final look of this costume. How wrong I was.

Cons: The costume was never made. I never received 'in-progress' photos, or any proof of its existence. The deadline came and went, and while I remained patient and understanding, I was finally given a tracking number for a package that never materialized. Upon further investigation, I was told the tracking number did not exist, and I maintain that it was simply given to me to use the 'oh, it must've gotten lost in the mail' excuse that followed. I filed a complaint through Paypal and received a full refund in a timely fashion. I would have accepted it if my costume was simply not going to be done in a timely fashion, or if they were too busy to take on my commission... But the lying was what really irked me.

Comments: This happened some time ago, and I didn't know that there was a place for voicing my thoughts and reviewing my commission. It is very possible that Limebarb has changed since then, but I feel my experience is still relevant. I would be very careful about commissioning from them in the future, because $800 is a lot of money to risk on something that may never materialize.

Final Grade: F