View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
LeekFish
Clow Reader

I'm not super happy with the panels department, to be honest. :I My panel couldn't even get mics or audio equipment (if I had known beforehand I could have at least brought louder computer speakers!), and apparently the previous J-Rock panel in the same room had the same problem (honestly, you'd think that they would at least have had some for a music-based panel.) Not to mention they made an error in my panel description in the program book and on the main site by copying and pasting it twice which looked plain silly (you'd think they'd proofread that kinda stuff.) The panel room we had was also pretty tiny considering I had even told them on my panel submission form that at Fanime 2011 it drew a crowd of at least 200 to 250 people, so I noticed there were a lot of people forced to sit on the floor/stand in the back. We also had to check in at the programming room, but they never actually mentioned where it was in the emails and it wasn't listed on the maps, so I had to ask a few staffers for help before I finally found it.

I appreciated that the panels coordinator apologized for the lack of audio equipment, and some things probably couldn't be helped, and all was well that ended well. But I would hope that next time they'd be a little more prepared and perhaps let panelists know in advance if audio hookups aren't available. =/

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote