View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
of what it seems to be told, ax is not letting out any info except they are working on it, which actually may be to the benifit of the con group. If ax said now that they are working with the xgames but they havent solved anything yet, I would b more worried instead of knowing that they are working on it. Ax is doing the best the can hoepfully so we hopefully hear in the next couple of weeks.
For me, that's not enough. By that, I mean that the SPJA has had knowledge of the situation since January at the minimum. It's been almost 5 months with no solution. This is feeling like when you call in to a customer service number and after explaining the problem, you're put on a painfully long hold, the entire time listening to "We apologize for the delay, but your call is important to us..."

With so many people worried about safety, this is the kind of thing that needs very immediate and swift work, let along that they could be cutting off traffic for those of us that plan ahead and booked hotels near the LACC. It's similar to when people pre-registered for 2011 very early, but suddenly there were lower pre-registration rates a couple of months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
The reason behind the X Games moving their dates is likely due in large part to the summer olympics and apparently some of the athletes compete in that as well. I'm sure that both sides have plans for beefed up security presence...they'll need it with so many people around
That's about the line of logic we came to a conclusion on in the other thread, that the Olympics date affected the X-Games.

I am a bit more concerned about foot traffic since the X-Games is using the Staples Center. That will mean multiple lines and crowds around this building, and after being there for SummerSlam, I've seen how the walkways around the building on all sides are just choked with people. The only thing I haven't seen in this regard is when you add beer to the mix since the WWE does not do alcohol sales at their events.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote