View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I am a bit more concerned about foot traffic since the X-Games is using the Staples Center. That will mean multiple lines and crowds around this building, and after being there for SummerSlam, I've seen how the walkways around the building on all sides are just choked with people. The only thing I haven't seen in this regard is when you add beer to the mix since the WWE does not do alcohol sales at their events.
This is one of my main concerns as well. How are AX attendees, as well as dealers & vendors are going to be able to access the entrance of the West Hall. Since the areas around the Staples Center are going to be blocked off, how are AX attendees & the vendors going to able to get inside the convention center?

The area where the AX hotel shuttles are used as a drop off point & pick up point at the convention center, may be blocked off as well, and used by the X-Games.

I've been hearing from some of the vendors as well, and they are starting to get concerned as well. They want to know how they are going to get their merchandise inside, when the X-Games will be blocking several access points to the convention center. So far, some of these vendors have said that the issue isn't being addressed so far, and they aren't being told yet as to how things are going to be worked out.

Here's some You Tube videos of last year's AX Games at the LA Live area.

1. Crowds

In this video, you can see the entire LA Live area being blocked off, and the HUGE crowds of over 141,000 people from the X-Games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMwv...eature=related

Look carefully at that video. You can clearly see that the main access way to the convention center has been blocked off. Unless a special access way is created, how are AX attendees and the vendors going to be able to wade through that HUGE crowd to get to the convention center?

2. Streets Blocked Off Around the Convention Center

This is the "Rallycross" car race from the X-Games last year. You can clearly see in the video that huge areas of the streets around the convention center have been blocked off. (You can see in the video that barriers has been set up in front of Staples Center & the Convention Center.)

The entrance to the West Hall entrance has been barred as well, and this event takes over the streets that surrounds the front of the convention center as well. (The South Hall front entrance may be blocked off as well.)

How are AX attendees going to be able to get in the convention center, when the streets around the convention center are going to be blocked off for the car race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRMdYr2Dd44

3. Convention Entrance Access Blocked Off:

In this video, you can clearly see that the access to the West Hall entrance has been blocked off. This event blocks the main access way to the front entrance of the West Hall of the convention center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3FPysqpWII

Pause at :20, and you will clearly see that this event is actually blocking the major access way to the entrance of the West Hall of the convention center.

In short, how are you going to have a convention when people can't get inside the convention center? This issue should really be addressed in a timely manner.

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote