View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I've actually never had problems at the Hyatt, but then again, I generally keep to myself at hotels. I am rather disappointed that they chose the Sheraton of all places, given that A-Kon is in that hotel this year--it will be like a mini A-Kon instead of an AnimeFest, especially with the lack of attendance cap. One of the main reasons I love AFest is -because- it's a smaller, more casual convention. Rumor has it that AFest will be nearly double the size it was last year, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. I like having enough room to move around in my cosplay without worrying about bumping into someone like I do A-Kon.

Another difference is that the Hyatt is near a large park area--fantastic for photoshoots, plus a lot of neat architecture is within walking distance. The Sheraton, not so much--the Arts District isn't a good walking distance if you're a cosplayer, and there isn't much in the way of green/natural places to shoot (even the Cancer Plaza isn't exactly natural). Granted, the Sheraton is MUCH more capable of handling large crowds and such, but....grrr.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote