View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
Ever since I've heard about this AX/X-Games issue, I am feeling more worrisome towards AX as a whole and the safety of con attendees as the event draws near.

The thing that concerns me the most is all of the gatherings that will be happening during the weekend. Granted that most of the cosplay gatherings take part in the late morning through the afternoon, these gatherings happen outside of the LACC buildings meaning that there is a possibility of roughhousing from some X-Games spectators.

God knows that no cosplayer wants to see a beat down during a gathering or during their con weekend for that matter.
Well, one idea is to perhaps have the cosplay gatherings all move inside into the confines of the LACC. It's obvious that the entire West Hall entrance area won't be available for cosplay gatherings, because the X-Games will most likely take over & use that entire area.

I really wouldn't recommend having any cosplay gatherings be held in an open area, where a X-Games sports event is going on at the same time. (That is just simply asking for a fight to happen.)

Another safety idea is for the cosplayers to bring a whistle with a lanyard with them for protection. If they ever get into trouble, or are surrounded by drunken & hostile X-Games people, they can blow the whistle as loud as they can, and it will get the attention of everyone around them. (Whistles are also very cheap to purchase.)

In terms of safety, I really hope that the SPJA has got this worked out.

Quote:
No, and I doubt AX wants a reputation of having thugs for fans, or for being a place where some young fan had a broken nose for simply trying to take part in their convention.
Well, if that worst case scenario happens, where a young fan does get seriously beaten up in front of the convention center, you may just get to see a major lawsuit or several lawsuits filed by the young fan's parents against all the SPJA members, if they don't take the necessary precautions to protect their attendees. (But hopefully, this worst case scenario will never, ever happen, and all the necessary precautions are being taken by the SPJA to protect the attendees.)

AX is already in serious debt to IDG World Expo. A major lawsuit would mean the end of AX. (This is something that the fans don't want to see happen.)

For those who haven't seen the article by Anime News Network, AX lost $1.2 million in 2010, and is currently in serious debt to IDG World Expo.

Here's the article:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-03/exclusive/anime-expo-2010-lost-us$1.2-million-idg-to-boost-involvement-in-2012

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-19-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote