View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #57
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateur cameko View Post
As it stands, I haven't seen any confirmation as to venues for this year's X-Games, so I can't form a decent opinion about crowd issues that may not have a possibility of happening. The only comment I have on this so far is that I'm sure the City of Los Angeles (owner of the LACC) and AEG (owner of L.A. Live) have plans in place when there are events held at both locations. Otherwise, the owner of AEG would've been crazy to consider building a football stadium near L.A. Live...
Actually, with the stadium deal ratified by the city, L.A. may own the convention center, but it's managed by AEG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
The big questions are the setup for the rally car race (if held in the same place as last year, it would effectively block the entrance to south hall) and then the rest of the setup that would make the entrance to west hall inaccessible.
It is a question, though I'm pretty sure the 2011 plans didn't block the South Hall, but the rally ran down to the street running underneath the skywalk bridge of the LACC, Pico Boulevard, and turned back up the loading area in front of West Hall. South Hall wasn't blocked, which is fine, but it still shoehorns us into one entrance point, one general area for gatherings, and it will choke traffic in and out of the event.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote