Thread: Sherlock BBC
View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #41
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Austria View Post
The rest of the costume is done; the coat was a coat I had in my closet. I ripped it apart, literally at the seams, and retailored it entirely to resemble his. It's not Irish Tweed, but it will do. The scarf was knitted by my John by hand, and I opted for the purple shirt worn in Baskerville. Here's a few photos of that; forgive my corgi's cameo in the last one!......
Holy shamolies! That coat looks amazing! You did a fantastic job at retailoring it! You have the vent and everything. It is a beautiful coat. (super jealous) I love your scarf too, while it's not originally a knit scarf in the show, it's the perfect color (which is actually somewhat difficult to find!) and that is so fantastic that your John knit it for you!! Lovely! (I have fallen in love with your corgi, too! I love dogs!!)

I finally got my Sherlock wig in from Amphigory (really only took 4 days!). I decided to get a #2 Marilyn Monroe wig and I'm going to separate the curls and trim it. It actually isn't too bad and I like how it's not black, but a very deep, super dark brown. I also got a shock blanket, the pink phone case, deerstalker, and the black magnifying glass (which actually was yellow, then sharpied black). Why must his pocket magnifier be $40? T_T I debuted my Sherlock at Starfest in Denver, but it is still a WIP.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote