View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #168
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I decided to bring three costumes.. I figured out two for sure, and one's a "maybe". Only problem is they're all going to cost a crapton, plus the con itself. And I've been in pretty rocky finances since about a year ago, since I lost my long-time job exactly a year ago, spent six months unemployed and drained my EI benefits, got work only from October til New years, annnd am unemployed still four months later. And have no EI benefits this time because of the LAST time. I've also used up all my regular savings my tax return, and am now into my large "Was going to use for something really big in the future" fund. Sigh. I'd better get a PERMANENT damn job again soon. I'm just lucky as fuck I don't live on my own yet.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote