View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #1684
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Yep, that's the portrait that my roommate thinks that my puppy has a Joker type of "Why so serious?" smile . It was done with focused lighting and then turned it to black and white in Lightroom.

I do wonder how Bondo and Gesso will mix. Maybe I'll have to spray primer before putting on the acryllic paint? I suppose it's something I will need to experiment with before doing it with the costume. I would like to use the Bondo to fill in creases and the wrinkles since it's nice and thick. As for weathering, what technique do you use. Do you use some darker paint and run it across. I've heard of some people using charcoal and then putting sealant over the final product.

Awesome find on the Gestahl fanart. Amano art work is pretty open to interpretation. That art looks like it is inspired by the sprite more than the original work. As far as the beard and mustache, I was going to cut some of the hair off the wig and try to make fake facial hair out of that. The aging makeup will be a good challenge, but I did find some youtube videos on how to do that.

I really liked the fabric links. I especially like the 2nd one which has lots of red - which is what Amano's Gestahl artwork has. It looks quite imperial as well.

As it gets a little closer, we should post "looking for Celes / Kefka" threads on the respective forums.

I did try curling with G2B, but didn't use the hairdryer. I suppose the hair dryer may work better like you were suggesting.

@Liliana - Wonderflex can be a bit of a trick at first, but once I got used to it - I fell in love. I think the main disadvantage is the cost, though.

@MDA - Good luck with the Rydia. I've definitely seen my fair share of variations of her - as with most Amano / old school FF costumes.

@tifaia - If you do have any other advice, I don't mind hearing it of course.

@anyone - I've been working lots of hours this past weekend, so nothing new with Dissidia of cosplay. I'm not sure I'll be having a day off this next week / weekend - Wednesday if I'm lucky though. Next step is to attach the nylon straps and buckles on the back of the body armor. Then it's to the cod piece. I'm doing the bottom layers of the armor first so I can fit the other layers on top.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote