View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #1688
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Forums are Back up! Yay. I'm actually excited to be able to upload more of my photos from various cons with the new upload feature. The old one was too slow and inconvenient for mass uploads.

@Seifer - If you do try the glue method, let me know how it works. I haven't had too many problems with Bondo cracking so far, but it does make the armor pretty rigid and less bendable when putting it on and taking it off / moving around in it. I wonder if Gesso is the same way?

I'm thinking I should mix a few jars of paint for all my armor pieces since they are probably going to be some off colors. It does looks a little purple mixed in the armor as well. I think you told me before and forgot, but you used Folkart paint for armor, right?

One other question about the cape. On the pic you sent me, you can see the white tassley trim coming off the edge. You have it on your Terra cape and some of the scarves as well. What is the official term for that? I want to see if I can find a white version of that.

I sent the pics and DVDs on Thursday, so hopefully it made it. Let me know if anything is damaged, though.

@anyone -

Dissidia related: Well, I did finish lacing the back of the body armor and it fits really well. I made sure I can move and stuff because I don't want to be completely uncomfortable and rigid while walking around.

Right now I'm trying to think of a few creative design changes so the armor can still look okay but be able to fit the fact that I don't have a super thin hour glass figure that Cecil has.

Not dissidia or cosplay related: *Rant Warning* So my job somewhat put me in a not so good mood. My boss told me that I can't request any weekends off - putting me in a dilemma to either have the job or have this cosplay / cosplay photography hobby. So I apparently can't go to any more cons with this job. Eventually, I think I'm going to have to find something else for work because there is no way I'm giving up this hobby anytime soon. Also, this job is just temporary until I find my main career that I earned my MBA for.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote