View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #83
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaasan View Post
No worries! I LOVE Star Wars! I actually influenced that as being the theme for the Halloween party at work two years ago XD I just need to take some more pics of my Boushh Bounty Hunter and I'll be ready to submit for the 501st.

I'm also obsessed with Doctor Who, Disney, Tim Burton (although I really didn't care for the Alice movie), Iron Man, Adventure Time, The Venture Bros, The Flash, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony, Homestuck, Indiana Jones, classic Power Rangers, Harry Potter, The Addams Family, BBC Sherlock, The Kingkiller Chronicles...just to name a few, lol.

I actually self draft now, but I still use a pattern for the sleeves, since they're a royal pain. Hoods are super easy, though! I pretty much just draft the pattern on newspaper, and resize the two pieces of fabric via pinning and cutting according to how large I want it. Then do it again with the lining color so you don't have to deal with the raw edges inside and "sandwich" the hood onto the cape or bodice neckline and either machine or hand-stitch
I'm actually thinking of joining the 501st. A friend of mine is currently in the 501st and he invited me to their next event just so I can get a feel of things.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote