View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #336
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko Cat View Post
I really don't like that idea at all. I know in the past people complained signups weren't on the AN forums but if they have them there only then people that are used to them being on here will complain. I think they should have signups on both sites that way no one complains and everyone is happy or do you mean signups are still going to be on this site but the thread for next month will be something else on that site?
Unfortunately, we tried having sign ups on both boards several years ago, it just doesn't work, its too hard to enact the 'first come first serve' policy we've had. As for sign ups migrating, the cosplay.com forums are not an official source for AN information even if we have been using it in the past for the games. The forums are being cleaned up so non-cosplay related threads will eventually be removed, which I imagine will include threads relating to the sign up of AN events.

That being said, they are moving, it's not like you're not getting any warning, we'll be posting the link long before any kind of sign ups start up, and when the new forums are up, people can sign up there, it's simple as that. Its the only way the event coordinators can have complete control over the thread for posting and moderation and to slow down the flow of misinformation (it was bad this year for that).

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!